The 2018 Cyber Security Summit is just around the corner and we’re looking forward to spending three days with the top cybersecurity professionals from across the globe. We’ve made some changes since last year, so we thought it would be helpful prepare you with a rundown of everything you need to know. Feel free to bookmark this post for reference as you prepare for this year’s Summit.
Why Minneapolis, Minnesota?
Squarely centered geographically and home to many Fortune 500 multinationals, Minnesota bridges the divide between the technology sector on one coast and policymakers from the other to form an operational and innovative cyber ecosystem. A few other reasons we continue to choose Minnesota as our host state include:
– It represents all 16 critical infrastructure sectors.
– It holds the headquarters of 17 Fortune 500 companies.
– Location of the largest privately held company in the U.S. (Cargill).
-Major health care corridor, with UnitedHealth Group, Medtronic and more than 700 health care/medical device companies.
– Strong retail presence with Best Buy, Target and a new Amazon technology development office.
– 7th ranked state for science and technology.
– Home to the University of Minnesota’s Technological Leadership Institute.
– Leaders aren’t just talking about cyber security, they’re doing it.
– We are looking forward to sharing our great city with Summit attendees from across the globe.
What’s new at the 2018 Summit
Visionary Leadership Awards dinner
For the first time we are hosting a dinner alongside the announcements of the Visionary Leadership Awards. The goal of this event is to support the security community in the Twin Cities, to offer the opportunity for networking and the recognition of the “behind-the-scenes” people in the cybersecurity industry. You can attend the leadership awards dinner without attending Cyber Security Summit. However, VIP registrants for the Summit receive free admission to this event.
Though the main summit is taking place on October 23 and 24, we are hosting a pre-event day on Monday, October 22. This is a half day with three topics to choose from. Pre-event attendees will choose their topic and attend a deep-dive session in that area. Session options for the pre-event day include:
Regular Summit registrants have the option to add the pre-event sessions for an additional cost. Summit VIP attendees receive free access to the pre-event sessions.
The Minneapolis Convention Center
1301 2nd Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55403
All sessions and keynotes will take place here, as well as the pre-event seminar and Visionary Leadership Awards dinner.
If you received a discounted room through our blocked hotels, you will be staying at one of these hotels:
– Hilton Garden Inn Downtown Minneapolis: 1101 4th Avenue South Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404
– Minneapolis Marriot City Center: 30 South 7th Street Minneapolis, MN 55402
Don’t pay more at the door
There will be onsite registration at the Summit, however the price will be significantly higher. Register before October 19 and avoid spending the extra cash by waiting until the last minute.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below. We are looking forward to seeing you in Minneapolis in just two short weeks for another great Summit.